Wednesday, July 13, 2011

back to reality

And we'll all float on okay and we'll all float on anyway...

And with that back to reality. (Those modest mouse song lyrics just seemed appropriate) My beautiful summer vacation is over and I'm en route back to clarksvegas - my only word for this is a great big YUCK!!!

Ive had such a wonderful time at home. I honestly have the most amazing family ever and appreciate them more then I can ever say or show. Just love 'em! I don't really get home sick when I'm in TN, don't get me wrong - I miss my family but there is never a feeling of homesickness. But let me tell you, when I leave Maine it has got to be the most gut wrenching feeling ever - the flight is full of me trying to hide the water works (tears, people, tears!)

My friends are also the best - I'm so happy I had the opportunity to spend lots of quality time with my best friends Marissa and Mallory. It never matters how long we are apart or how many crazy things have happened to each of us between visits, it's like I've never left. This is probably one of the most comforting things and something I value immensely. They are breaths of fresh air and always provide new perspectives (or crazy ones - yes that's directed at you Mal!!) I really hope they are able to visit in the next few months but if not I can't wait to see them over my holiday vacation.

And so with vacation being over ... Back to work. Yea, I can't say I'm too pleased about that. But I am bound and determined to start work tomorrow with the most positive attitude ever. I will go in with "kill em with kindness" mentality - do my thing and not let others affect my work. Rev Run puts it best "don't let your happenings effect your happiness." I will generate the loads of motivation I need to be the best I can be - which has been lacking lately. I know I can be a much better professional then I have been over the past year, I just have to dig down deep to find it. I'm excited to see my students and I KNOW fall 2011 is going to be epic (though I'm going to need MAJOR Starbucks to manage this feat!) I'm going out with a bang baby!!

So the end of a vacation feels almost like new year's eve to me. Weird ... I know, but I'm going with it! So with that said, I'm making some resolutions for my work & personal life. I'm still thinking these through - but self deadline is end of this weekend. Be on the look out because I'll be posting them on here - I mean I have to be accountable some how!!

More vacation highlights soon, until then peace, love 'n about 140 more days until my next Maine vacation!!

No comments: