Holy mother of god…. What a morning it has been! Why do I always seem to have the complicated travel? Delta is testing my every ounce of decency this morning – needless to say if I had a valium on me… I would have taken it and washed it down with a stiff drink, yea, one of those mornings!
So in the perfect world everything would have gone smoothly this morning – lets talk about what actually happened. Today marks the first day of my summer vacation (can I get a hellllll yea!!) so this was the POA (plan of action people). My vacation starts out with heading down to the DC/Virgina area for my wonderful friend megan’s wedding (girl… its happening tomorrow, get pumped!) so I’m flying from Nashville à to Detroit à arriving in Baltimore and renting a car and heading to megan’s. the pups travel was supposed to go as such Nashville à to Detroit (yes we are on the same first flight) à arriving in Portland at about 4pm. Our first flight departed at 10:10 (wonderful I don’t have to be up at a completely ungodly hour). Alex and I leave for the airport and all is well --- except for the fact that bodie is basically have a nervous breakdown (its normal – he also threw up 3 times before we left, once in my hand – classy I know). So we arrive at cargo and it all goes down hill from there.. and very very fast might I add.
Well we start with the fact that I was given the WRONG FLIGHT INFORMATION FOR THE DOG. The woman I spoke to when I book the reservation clearly stated that he would be on the 10:10 flight to Detroit. The cargo people tell me hes on the 8:30 flight, mind you… at that moment it was 8:30. What. The. Fuck. (yea I dropped the f bomb – deal with it). Okay then… he needs to get on the 10:10 flight… so my new friend calls up the cargo people, blah blah blah. This is going to cost about an extra HUNDRED DOLLARS (on top of the $270 I already expected to pay). You know why? Because he has to fly DASH (I will be look up this acronym as soon as I can wifi, and it better be good). Do you know why he has to fly DASH? Because the layover is only an hour verse the 2 needed. I HAD TO PAY AN EXTRA HUNDRED DOLLAR TO PUT SOME PEP IN SOMEONES STEP. WTF???? I had to play someone extra to do their job quickly… there was a blessed HOUR (okay I’m stopping the rant). Okay, fine, great, I’ll pay it… I don’t have a choice now do i? it gets BETTER!
So then the gentleman decides bodies crate isn’t big enough. Let me say… bodie fits in that damn crate JUST FINE!! WTF does he need to?? Yoga? Pilates? Fucking zumba??? He can stand up, move around – he has a great old time in that crate. BUT NO… not gonna happen.. I have BUY ANOTHER CRATE FROM DELTA! And there goes another 70 bucks. Let me say this crate is huge… he could do flips in it – its like a damn palace. When I get to maine on Friday I’ll add a pic to the post – ridiculous.
Cargo customer service is about to get an earful… they are lucky that I won’t be able to call until this afternoon. Nothing would have been more satisfying this morning then to call and tell them all about themselves. I shall get that extra money back I had to pay … and then some, mark my words.
Can you really make that stuff up? Nope. Plus I had a baby hangover this morning from excessive wine/champagne sampling at the future mr. & mrs. Wills apt last night. Don’t judge me… it was research.. a) for the wedding (picking which wines will be served, hard job… but someones gotta help!) and b) for my label design J yes I can justify ANYTHING just ask alex. Though I am feeling majorly guilty because right at this moment my poor little pup is under my feet in cargo on this plane, probably freaking out – lets hope for no surprises for my mom when she picks him up this afternoon (bodie is for sure a nervous puker).
UPDATE:
I must say I am quite disappointed with Delta Cargo. First was I charged a significant amount more for a mistake that was not my own – to have to pay an ADDITIONAL $113.73 when I was already paying $288 to ship a dog is absurd to me. Not only that, when I tried to call Delta Cargo/Customer Care I was given the run around for over 2 hours of my personal time and about 6 different phone numbers because NO ONE could give me a straight answer to remedy the situation. Needless to say I am very dissatisfied with the Delta Cargo service and the Customer Service of the company.
so.... lets just see where this goes.
Until next time … peace, love ‘n and a bag of valiums! (i’m joking people!!)
1 comment:
True story!! I was there for the wine "sampling", but let's just call it what it really was, wine & dancing on the futon. I feel bad for those Delta employees souls by the time you get finished with them
Post a Comment