Okay ... so I am the biggest blog slacker ever! I have so many updates its ridiculous (my brain in packed full of them, I need to make a list!). BUT I officially have no more excuses because I've been tagged by my fab friend Megan from MADness in her Liebster Award post (aka "tell me a little more about yourself"). I know I got the tag because I've been a blogging slacker, so I THANK Megan for a good motivator -- I mean who DOESN'T enjoy a little show and tell.
So here is a little criteria about the Liebster Award (copied from Megan's blog, who in returned copied from Hokie, Esq.):
RULES:1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you, and create 10 more questions for the blogs you nominate.3. Choose nominations and link them to your post.4. Go to their page and tell them.
So here is a little criteria about the Liebster Award (copied from Megan's blog, who in returned copied from Hokie, Esq.):
The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
RULES:1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you, and create 10 more questions for the blogs you nominate.3. Choose nominations and link them to your post.4. Go to their page and tell them.
Here goes nothing!
11 Facts About Me
- I am a northern transplant to the state of Tennessee (from -->North Carolina --> New York -->Maine (what I consider home, sweet, home) --> Massachusetts) .
- I have never been to a Waffle House, and I don't really plan on it (they just skeeve me out -- I'm an IHop kinda gal).
- I am obsessed with the Winter Olympics - especially the skiing!
- I am a bibliophile. Before you get too concerned, bibliophile defined: a person who love or collects books. Now I don't tend to LOVE the classics (though they are great), I have a soft sport for some good fluffy chick books (that doesn't mean trashy romance, but hey - I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on the shelves).
- I can make the most amazing pasta sauce, or as Ma would call it - gravy! Cooks all day, homemade meatballs. YUM!
- Like Megan, I am a caffeine junkie. I am a little particular though. Fav regular coffee brewed outside the home: Dunkin Donuts; Fav specialty coffee: Startbucks coconut latte, caramel macchiato and their caramel brûlée lattes. Fav KCup -- MUST be Green Mountain Breakfast blend (mmmm, comfort). Soda -- diet coke only, extra points if its from McDonalds.
- I am blind as a bat, but 99% positive I would never get lasic. I really enjoy glasses, and not to sound narcissistic, I think I look pretty good in them.
- I am passionate about pet adoptions, case and point by pup Bodie (love him, but if you've ever read this blog you know that). I get rather belligerent when humans just give up/drop off/set free their animals (especially dogs). Breaks my heart but I am a regular viewer of Animal Cops and Pitbulls and Parolees, gives me a little faith in man kind.
- I enjoy fonts - yes this sounds weird but I just appreciate typography. I think I would rather look at a beautifully put together type piece then an actual painting. I get a little OCD about formatting.
- I have tried online dating (obviously unsuccessfully at this moment). I don't knock it and WHEN I move I will do it again in a heartbeat (Clarksville, TN just isn't a hot spot for quality men, in my opinion). I do roll my eyes at the match and eharmony commercials - as easy as online dating is, its NOT that easy!
- I have an odd fascination with public transit - specifically (and only) subway-esq modes of transit - NYC subway, DC Metro, London Tube. I would give a toe to be able to commute to work on this mode of transportation.
Next up, Megan's questions:
1. If you could meet anyone famous (dead or alive) who would it be? Unrealistic - Dave Ghrol from the Foo Fighters. I think he is a great musician, lively performer, has a mouth like a truck driver -- ya know all around fun guy. Recently I have also really wanted to meet Tia Torres from Pitbulls and Parolees - I think she is just amazing with her "this is me" kinda attitude.
2. What's your favorite memory with me in it? :) THIS is SO HARD! I think the craziest memory is the night of romping UGA fountains - we may be getting older, but we still have it in us! But no, my favorite memory is our nights at marrakesh hookah bar when we were in grad school - quality life conversations, weekend recaps and the calm before a crazy work/school week. miss it!
3. What's your favorite book? I have to pick one? Probably Perks of Being a Wallflower. Before you say "cliche" due to its new found fame with its movie, I read that book when it was first published in 1999 and have reread it at least a half a dozen times. But I've yet to see the movie.
4. Number 1 characteristic you look for when dating? I used to not have a list, but as I have experienced the joys of online dating I for sure have a few expectations. #1 would have to be personality - which encompasses humor, ease of communication (have you ever been on a date where it would have been easier to talk to a brick wall? I have.) as well as worldliness -- this doesn't mean snooty, super well traveled, aristocrat -- what it does mean is you can communicate your thoughts on books, music, current events, etc. -- not that PBR/Keystone/Natty is a classy adult beverage and you believe that WWF is real.
5. What's your favorite quote? Again ... I can only pick one?
6. Why did you start blogging? Sometimes I just have something to say! haha, not sure really. its nice to keep up with others and see what is going on in their lives. I enjoy reading others blogs, even if I don't know them (yea I'm a creeper) - maybe it correlates with my reality tv show obsession? I have enjoy be able to go back a read past blog post about fun experiences.
7. If you could change careers what would you do instead? completely out there new career? I would really love to be able to open a coffee shop/dog bakery (dogs welcome of course!). Yea a little, its a little weird but I think it would be so much fun! More realistically I sometimes regret not using my undergraduate degree of Graphic Media - I would love to do layouts for a magazine.
8. Favorite concert experience ever? I love live music, so as long as the guitar sounds good and I can sing along I'm pretty happy - most amazing experience ever = Foo Fighters, front row, in the beautiful sands of Gulf Shores, Alabama --- OH.MY.GOD! They came out to do a set during Cee Lo Green's no show and did a Tom Petty cover. I legit shed a tear when they came on stage and probably could have used some oxygen because breath was difficult. Not sure what could beat that.
9. Favorite adult beverage? hummm - I think I have picking favorites issues - beer: sweetwater blue -- cocktail -- good old vodka/cran (throw some malibu in there and you have a party --- but most importantly, champagne is a girls best friend!
10. Favorite restaurant? most amazing food experience had to have been at the Modern in NYC located in the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art), but you can't be a sushi restaurant, yum!
2. What's your favorite memory with me in it? :) THIS is SO HARD! I think the craziest memory is the night of romping UGA fountains - we may be getting older, but we still have it in us! But no, my favorite memory is our nights at marrakesh hookah bar when we were in grad school - quality life conversations, weekend recaps and the calm before a crazy work/school week. miss it!
3. What's your favorite book? I have to pick one? Probably Perks of Being a Wallflower. Before you say "cliche" due to its new found fame with its movie, I read that book when it was first published in 1999 and have reread it at least a half a dozen times. But I've yet to see the movie.
4. Number 1 characteristic you look for when dating? I used to not have a list, but as I have experienced the joys of online dating I for sure have a few expectations. #1 would have to be personality - which encompasses humor, ease of communication (have you ever been on a date where it would have been easier to talk to a brick wall? I have.) as well as worldliness -- this doesn't mean snooty, super well traveled, aristocrat -- what it does mean is you can communicate your thoughts on books, music, current events, etc. -- not that PBR/Keystone/Natty is a classy adult beverage and you believe that WWF is real.
5. What's your favorite quote? Again ... I can only pick one?
6. Why did you start blogging? Sometimes I just have something to say! haha, not sure really. its nice to keep up with others and see what is going on in their lives. I enjoy reading others blogs, even if I don't know them (yea I'm a creeper) - maybe it correlates with my reality tv show obsession? I have enjoy be able to go back a read past blog post about fun experiences.
7. If you could change careers what would you do instead? completely out there new career? I would really love to be able to open a coffee shop/dog bakery (dogs welcome of course!). Yea a little, its a little weird but I think it would be so much fun! More realistically I sometimes regret not using my undergraduate degree of Graphic Media - I would love to do layouts for a magazine.
8. Favorite concert experience ever? I love live music, so as long as the guitar sounds good and I can sing along I'm pretty happy - most amazing experience ever = Foo Fighters, front row, in the beautiful sands of Gulf Shores, Alabama --- OH.MY.GOD! They came out to do a set during Cee Lo Green's no show and did a Tom Petty cover. I legit shed a tear when they came on stage and probably could have used some oxygen because breath was difficult. Not sure what could beat that.
9. Favorite adult beverage? hummm - I think I have picking favorites issues - beer: sweetwater blue -- cocktail -- good old vodka/cran (throw some malibu in there and you have a party --- but most importantly, champagne is a girls best friend!
10. Favorite restaurant? most amazing food experience had to have been at the Modern in NYC located in the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art), but you can't be a sushi restaurant, yum!
Okay so enough about me, on to my tag! I'm tagging Alexandra from Quilts & Pears - check out her blog if you are interested in OLD (I'm talking 112 years old) house renovations - her and her hubby just bought a classic!
Questions:
Questions:
- If you had to picked between an Avett Brothers concert or Fleetwood Mac which would you pick and why?
- What project are you most looking forward to completing in your new home?
- Favorite meal of the day?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Favorite memory with me in it!?
- If you had a million bucks what would you do with it -- you have to spend it all and not save a single CENT!
- Dream vacation spot?
- What is one item you own that you could never part with?
- Earliest childhood memory?
- What is one thing you would like to learn how to do in the next year?
alright kiddies -- thats all for now! hopefully this will help out/inspire me to knock out a few more overdue blog posts!
peace, love 'n a million questions
xoxo.b

2 comments:
DONE! :)
YAY!
Post a Comment